Friday, April 18, 2014

Yum.

When Dennis and I were at my parents house in California we did some cooking and came across these delicious and simple biscuits!! We are kind of foodies as you will soon find out....

I found this simple 5 ingredient biscuit recipe on bakerbettie.com and we added some yummy goodness to make them even better! The first batch I made was a cheddar and bacon biscuit and when Dennis ate 5 of them I knew this recipe was a keeper. I loved how the outside of the biscuit was crunchy and the cheese oozed out to make a little crust and the inside was moist and that they really took on the flavor you paired them with. After the first batch were gone (in about 10 min) Dennis asked (almost begged) me to bake another batch. So the second time around I made a black pepper and white cheddar biscuit and Dennis fell in love all over again!

You can find all the details and pictures on bakerbettie.com under the back to bake-sics tab, but here are the ingredients:

2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 TBSP of baking powder
1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
1 cup milk

Pre-heat oven to 400F
Whisk together all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and any additional spices or herbs)
Add the cold butter to the dry ingredients and work until it is the consistency of chunky sand
Add the milk and any other additional ingredients (cheese, bacon, etc.)
"Drop" the biscuits on a baking sheet and bake for 16-20min
Once they are cooked feel free to brush them with butter ;)



3 comments: