Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Oh Bobbi

It's the middle of the week and it is time to freshen up!

I recently bought the bobbi brown corrector in porcelain peach after reading a recommendation from thesmallthingsblog.com and many reviews online. And I must say I am in love. I was never a big makeup, hair, or fashion girl (I was more ponytail and comfy sweats kinda girl) until NOW. I am now on a kick and have really started to enjoy looking presentable more than once a week. With that said, I have been learning and practicing and think I finally have a solid foundation (muahaha) to build on.

Here is my everyday makeup routine. First I apply HD Makeup Forever Primer and apply the bobbi brown corrector under my eyes. I really feel like it brightens my whole face and makes my eyes pop. (P.S. I used it on my mom and she loved it so much that she bought one for herself.) I then blend it in with my beauty blender sponge and use HD Makeup Forever #120 to even out my skin tone and blend it altogether. Next up is bronzer, I use Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (it is a matte bronzing powder that smells like chocolate and I heart it) under my cheekbones and sephora peach fusion blush on my cheekbones. I finish with a little Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set it all and keep it looking fresh! Lastly, I curl my eyelashes and use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara and I am good to go!

Are you venturing into the beauty world too?? Do you have any favorite products?










7 comments:

  1. how fun! maybe i should look into this. i am always looking for and trying new products. some turn out good, and some not so good. it's always good to know someone who has tried something, and likes it.
    how are the new living quarters? i heard you're going to make it work. are you getting use to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking in to this HD Makeup Forever primer and foundation ever since my wedding and never tried it... I've also heard brilliant things about Laura Mercier products. I'm a 100% makeup novice so am impressed you are venturing in to all this. Let's see some pics of your gorgeous mug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren! The place is getting more cozy and were going to make it work! :) Visit soon! There is a sephora close to us out here so when you come visit we should make a pit stop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cami! :) heard the great news about Boston!!! SO SO SO happy for you guys! yay :))) So this whole makeup thing is a new gig that's for sure...but I'm really starting to like it! I love the HD foundation, it is good coverage that doesn't feel so cakey. The HD primer is the first primer I have ever used so it is hard for me to compare to anything else. When it runs out I am going to try another kind to see if I can tell a difference. Jump on the bandwagon and we can explore this makeup thing together :))) ps. I will post some pictures of a full makeup face soon! eeek! miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too! And I LOVE reading your blog and hearing about your adventures. Sounds like there are even more to come very soon! ;)

      Delete
  5. I just recently tried out the Make Up Forever HD foundation in 118. I love it! I could live at Sephora, it's like a grown up girly toy store. Lol. Recently I discovered Benefit Hoola bronze there and I'm enjoying it. Since I'm so pale I have to be careful with bronzed but this one blends like a dream. Have you checked out the Too Faced chocolate bar eyeshadow palette. Smells like cocoa too and is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. right!? I am obsessed with Sephora! I used to use Benefit Hoola in high school and remember it was a really pretty (not shimmery) bronzer! Oooh and I will have to check out the Too Faced eyeshadow palette! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete